Pages

6.06.2013

my fwp

 photo 80476a4f-454f-4ee2-9a51-c9eef464a593.jpg


This week is one of those when I don't know if I am coming or going.

Girl child's play has been running through - seven shows down (three last weekend, four during the week) and four more this weekend.  I've mostly worked myself out of the job in costumes although I still need to be there for small repairs (and sometimes major malfunctions) and Sunday night, after the final performance, we'll be working until late as the children (forty of them in this production) return the costumes, have them sorted to be cleaned or returned to the costume vault.

I have moved from attending part time derby practices back to full time, which means about three nights a week practice plus a game on Saturday.  This Saturday I am reffing down in Calgary and, given that it's almost two hours away and being a double header, it takes up a good portion of my day and all of the night.

Have I mentioned that I have completely failed to get dirt for my garden boxes yet, my house needs a fire hose to clean it and The Man has had to cook supper meals for two weeks because I haven't had the wherewithal to do it?  And I'm starting to whine (like right now) and my fuse is super short, which means that I have to spend precious time apologizing for my beastly behavior.  And the driving back and forth to the theatre, to derby, to school, to the bloody grocery store during construction time.  Ack, don't I know that my vehicle emissions is killing the planet and gas prices are super high?

Plus, (don't laugh) I am attempting to reprogram my genes by radically altering my diet and lifestyle.  Withdrawing from sugar, caffeine and grains is not easy at any time.

Sigh.  So much for simplicity and minimalism.

I'm going to watch this again for a laugh and some perspective.  Hope y'all are having a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank you. I was beginning to drown in my FWP. But I'm totally gonna shut the full cup. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came out of a few weeks like that. It gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect storm, I don't know how you do it! If I were you I would leave the reprogramming of genes for a later date...

    ReplyDelete