Pages

9.03.2010

birthday girl

Photobucket

It's Smootch's birthday this weekend.  My little girl is... still pretty little.  Her feet are a few sizes smaller than other six year olds.  Her brother is only one shoe size below (yes, they do share shoes.)  She's short.  And not just from perspective.  Her best friend is an entire head above her.  Her features are so petite and pixie-like it's hard to believe that her perky face splitting grins do not hurt her. 

Photobucket

They tell me heart babies often grow up to be tall and thin.  Something about the metabolism being set to hyper speed when they are born.  Thin, yes, I can see that for Smootch.  Tall?  Not so much.  Her Granny is five foot that's all and Smootch is just like her. 

Photobucket

Of course, the energy and sheer interest in her about everything is more than I could of imagined already, so it's probably better she comes in a small packet.  If I could only use one word to describe Smootch it would be intense.  Her emotions come in the whole possible range, plus a few I think that are all her own.  She is also the loudest person I have ever met, with a whole adult sized vocabulary to back up her epic and verbally expressed fantasy life.

Photobucket

But what's the most important thing I could say about Smootch, to let you all know a little bit about her?  I don't know.  She's complex and aggravating and smart and empathetic and physical and loving and worried and creative and a heroine.  She lives with her whole being.  Everything she does she involves all of her, her body, her mind and her heart.  There are no half measures with this one. 

Photobucket


Thank you to Kelly from An Apple and a Tree for the beautiful upcycled bloomers for my beautiful child. Your gift to Smootch and to our world is greatly appreciated.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday wishes for an amazing person. Hope that you have a wonderful day and that we can see you soon...The G Family (but especially Maddie...so says she :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love your writing. Happy birthday to your wonderful child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your big (little) girl! Happy Anniversary of parenting her to you.

    I too, have a heart baby (who is now SEVEN). He is also an exquisitly intense child and also pretty small. What he doesn't have in size, he more than makes up for in energy. (I wonder if all that pizzaz come from being a heart baby?)

    Enjoy your celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is definetely absolutely amazing!

    When i grew up my best friend always was the most petite and smallest girl, but now she 1.80m and very model like its amazing.

    best wishes from germany
    and of course happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My firsborn is exactly 10.5 years older than yours. If I was to describe her I would choose exactly your words. They are even similar from a physical point of view-she was always patite and even now at 16.5 she is not satisfied from it. Thank you for sharing and touching us in such a wonderfull way. happy birthday wishes to smooch, she will most definately grow to be a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Smooch. I knew our daughters were close in age, but didn't know how close their birthdays were! My daughter's birthday is this weekend also, which puts her and Smooch almost exactly a year apart - mine turns 5 this year.

    I hope Smooch's birthday was wonderful and full of amazement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday to your spirited girl!!
    I've got two children and my youngest had a growth hormone deficiency that seems to be correcting itself (partially because we stopped using anti-bacterial soap). For as small as she is, she more than makes up for it it with personality as well!!
    Love your Blog!
    ~Michelle
    www.falafelanthebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day to your lovely daughter. May god bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had growth hormone deficiency as well so I struggled even to reach 5 feet. My little gal follows the trend too, so we'll have to wait and see. Love the writing and the bloomers and looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday to the 'little big girl' :-) hope you have a fun weekend.
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little girl is so cute. I love her shirt it is fun yet comfy. I love your blog and have been reading it for a couple months

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete