Pages

10.08.2012

gloomy Victorian dress

006-8
 
The Victorian dress made for girl child, so she could dress up a la Violet Baudelaire of Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events.  Finally, finally took some pictures.  The skirt portion is a pinstripe, the bodice a simple black broadcloth and the puffed sleeves a dark blue silk with a broadcloth edge.  The netting sleeves are a seperate shirt worn underneath.  The pattern is cobbled together from a couple of different ones - Simplicity and Ottobre with my own tweaks.  Expression of suffering is produced exclusively by a cranky girl child, who was unhappy with the mixing of a gusty fall day with her earache.  She is actually very happy with the dress.  It's long, dark, gloomy and lined with flannel for non scratchy warmth and comfort.
 
043-8

014-10

018-5

050-8

064-5

059-8-1




2 comments:

  1. So lovely...and just the right amount of creepy. I wonder if I have time to make a similar costume for my girl? Last year I merely whipped up a poodle skirt for her, but I like the idea of the little ones running slightly goth for Halloween. I knew a girl who grew up completely goth and now she's such a creative force in her circles! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly wonderful. I want one for myself!

    ReplyDelete