Pages

11.08.2009

doll blanket

I sometimes worry that Smootch is going to grow up to resent my inability interpret a simple request like, "Mom, will you play dolls with me?" without angling in some time with the sewing machine.


On the other hand, she's getting lots of hands-on skills training in design and textiles manufacture, right?


The good times with my children all seem to be in the details and moments, not so much what we are doing, but how we go about it.


I suppose it's all right, this tendency to get lost in the triviality of pleasure, and that play is most satisfying when all involved have a say.


I imagine Barbie and Quasimoto agree. Or at least relieved we finally got around to the part where we actually play with the dolls.

3 comments:

  1. quasimoto must have a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that Barbie isn't superficial and that she's giving Quasimoto a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I haven't sewn much lately because I feel the need to keep the kids occupied while I do so, but I never thought of getting them involved, or at least my oldest who is 5. :) Same with scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete