Pages

2.15.2014

scissors?

Can I show you something funny about the way I work?

I do not have a dedicated sewing space so I work off of a combination of kitchen table and sometimes a desk I drag into my living room when I have a lot of sewing to do.  My tools like straight pins, scissors, measuring tape are schlepped back and forth between the two surfaces, as I need them.

The desk and the table are separated by a pony wall. Which means that when I'm sitting at the sewing machine, I can not see the table or anything on it.

I can't tell you how many times I've sat at my sewing machine making cutting motions with my fingers (the international symbol for 'where the heck is my scissors") while confusedly grasping around for something, anything!, to cut a thread.  Meanwhile, two feet away yet completely hidden from my view are no less than four pairs of scissors.

It's enough to make me want to throttle myself somedays.

 photo 33a0fecc-0fcb-4d21-8870-a9dba2eac3fe.jpg

For your viewing pleasure, a visual. Indeed, a messy one.  Such is the chaos that I work in. 

See that odd crescent moon shaped blob on the pony wall (the pony wall is the thing in the middle all covered with stuff)?  That's a bum prop for an ugly step sister.  Her bustle is on the table, half constructed. 

If you're wondering about the large tool box you can just see in the upper left, that is actually girl child's craft caddy.  It's taller than girl child.  That tells you pretty much all you need to know about her.

Updates on the ugly step sisters and frog prince costumes for the musical production of Grimm coming soon.  I can almost see the finish line.  Which is good because they open in less than two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I really love that pin cushion :0)

    I keep thinking I should tie a little pair of scissors to my sewing machine so they stop walking way.

    Can't wait to see the costumes!

    ReplyDelete