Pages

1.27.2013

kitty two


018_zpse1678990 photo 018_zpse1678990-1_zps17277854.jpg

Recently I've lost a bit of weight and one thing that is completely and utterly not worth the time to downsize is a pair of pants.  I was happy to send most of my bottoms out to the thrift store, but I did keep one pair to make some Birdie's trousers and there was enough left over from those to have another go at the Wee Wonderfuls kitty.

(I realize that it sounds like I just contradicted myself above, about not being worth it to downsize pants but then making smaller pants from them, but that really is different and it is worth it to upcycle adult clothes to kids clothes.)

Anyway.  Kitty.  From pants.   The gusset is from a curtain that used to hang in my old blue house that I originally received in a Craftster craft swap and the buttons are, of course, procured from Aunt Adeline's massive collection.  You may recognize the dress fabric as scraps from from an old, old (it may now be vintage) Indietutes tutorial. The dress ribbon came from some holiday wrapping.

019_zpsc10784b0 photo 019_zpsc10784b0-1_zpsbf09fd03.jpg

Now my favorite part.  I would of never guessed that I would ever like anything that had plastic pony beads sewn on but I can't stop loving these little skates.  They make me squee.

020_zpsed4c5b67 photo 020_zpsed4c5b67-1_zps70cbc3dd.jpg

The leg warmers were made with a bit of poly-knit given to me from The Man's mom, who made a couple of turtle neck shirts for The Man and his brother when they were toddlers.  It is scratchy.  Poor boys.  The Man still hates turtle necks to this day. 

007-1_zps941eabec photo 007-1_zps941eabec-1_zps89fd0af2.jpg

I have a couple more stuffies on the table, waiting for some fill.  One is (no surprise) another deer, the smooth making of still eluding me.  The other is a bunny of my own design.  Whether or not it will be wearing roller skates is yet to be determined.  I also have a pile of shirts to alter as part of a bit of costuming work I'm doing for community theatre... but that's a story for another day.

008-2_zps3581a62c photo 008-2_zps3581a62c-1_zpsaf1be24a.jpg

4 comments:

  1. That kitty is fantastic! I need to get my sewing machine out but it's kinda buried in our crafting closet, the doors of which are blocked by toys that need a home.

    I'll get it all organized eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this pretty kitty and lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love this blog.The leg warmers were made with a bit of poly-knit given to me from The Man's mom, who made a couple of turtle neck shirts for The Man and his brother when they were toddlers.

    Moda Tallas Grandes

    ReplyDelete